Thursday 12 January 2012

The rules of Kerfuffle

So this year is about me.

Doesn't that sound like a prat, wankerish, full of myself statement!

I'm not usually a navel gazer, I'm not very zen. I tried yoga once, loved the class, thought I could really get into it, but like most things... Meh

So this year, at the risk of sounding like a total nong - I'm going to do stuff for me. Some big stuff, like losing weight, getting fit, cutting down. On. The. Alcohol... (yep that was hard to type). Becoming more financially 'adult', being a better wife and mother. I'm also going to have a go at some smaller more airy fairy stuff too. I want to declutter, find room for a passion, discover what makes me happy. I want to have one of those floaty in a tank experiences!

Mostly I want to commit to something. Anything. And stick to it. Follow through. I think I lack accountability. I want to promise myself I'll do something, and I want to get it done.

The aim of life is appreciation; there is no sense in not appreciating things; and there is no sense in having more of them if you have less appreciation of them.

Cut down, cut back, cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment